Saturday, June 19, 2010

One crazy day..........

What was I thinking, me and my brilliant ideas. Yes, that was sarcasm...... I decided a little pool would be a great thing for the kids to keep them busy this summer. Not anything I have not done before but I guess that was with 4 kids not 5. Everything is different when you have a little baby and a crabby one at that. It has been one of those days with Autumn. Well, a simple project that should have taken 30 minutes at the most turned into a 3 hour ordeal........ I got home from the store with kids, tarp and pool in tow. Alyssa reminded me that our Pastor borrowed our air pump, so I called and they brought it over. The tarp all set up and pool layed out on top so we don't get holes and realized the pump only has a car adapter. So, I pull the car around, no go, this is going to take a lifetime!!! It is just one of those ones to pump up a tire. So I got an idea, Rex and Nora have an air compressor (my husbands cousins) and they live right next to us. I run over there with the pool but they are not home, another no go. I searched for 20 minutes for the adapter, no were to be found. So after calling Nora and texting my hubby for another 30 minutes. Craig reminded me we have an air mattress pump. Wow, where were you a few hours ago??? Seriously once I found the pump it took me 5 minutes to blow it up. Now just to put water in it, simple enough right? Well, not when the stupid spray nozzle is twisted on wrong. I could not get it off and so off I went to search for pliers. Found one after about 10 minutes or longer. Remember all along I am taking care of my 4 children and 1 even more crabby baby by this point!!! So finally after 3 hours I sat down to feed my very sad baby and 4 happy children playing in there new pool....

It really was a wonderful but hard and LONG day!!!


 Zander only went in for a second but he loved watching....


1 comment:

alicia said...

the pool looks great, I am sure you will appreciate it much more now that is all set up! ;)