Monday, April 26, 2010

Cooking

I will be the first to admit, cooking is not my favorite thing to do. But lately I have enjoyed it a little more but I have been trying to think ahead. If I know what I am going to make it just makes it do much easier and so much more enjoyable. So this last week we had breakfast for dinner; homemade pancakes, bacon and eggs. I have never been very good at making bacon, I either burned it or under cooked it. So when I went to make the bacon the one pan I normally use was dirty so I decided why not use the wok. Well, I have to say I made the most perfect bacon ever. It stayed in the grease and it stayed at an even temperature while cooking. I was so excited I had to share my find with you!





Chicken Enchiladas is one of our favorite dishes. Our pastors wife made them for use when I was on bed rest and I got the recipe for them. It really is such an easy meal.

4 to 6 chicken breast
tortillas
grated cheddar cheese
Green Chili Enchilada Sauce

Cook about 4 to 6 chicken breasts in the crock pot for around 4 or 5 hours on high with a can of chicken broth to make it moist. Once the chicken is cooked I shred the chicken. Then you take tortillas and layer the chicken, cheese and about 2 tablespoons full of the green sauce and then roll the tortillas and put them in a pan. Once you have all of the tortillas in the pan cover them with cheese and pour the rest of the green sauce over the tortillas. Bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 min. or until cheese is bubbly.

Top with sour cream and salsa
Even my kids love it and it is not to spicy.....   


4 comments:

Dorcas said...

YUM! Did you make these last night? I will definitely do this week. I need to buy the green sauce:) Your other fajitas are a hit here now! Thanks for sharing!
((HUGS))

Dorcas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorcas said...

BTW that bacon looks perfect I always mess mine up too. Now I need to get a wok. lol

Cathy said...

Love the bacon.. That dish looks beautiful.. Just like you.. Love Ya